27 March 2010

How do you train a dragon?

No - it's got nothing to do with drugs... I'm talking about the new movie 'How to train your Dragon' that I have just been to see, once again as a result of responding to a request from www.seefilmfirst.com.

I'm nearly 40 (just 2 weeks to go!), so I'll be honest, I got tickets to see this mainly for my own kids, thinking they will absolutely love it. I got home and presented them with my spoils (the hunter gatherer instinct is alive and well in me) only to be told that it clashed with a 'boot fair' of all things, and that they'd rather go to that.

Undaunted, I went on my own to see the film, sheepishly explaining that my family had 'bailed on me'. The nice lady at the Southampton Odeon responded with "Well that's their loss - it's great!" and handed me a pair of glasses. I started to point out to her that, while it was very generous of her to offer me eyewear, I already had my own, what with being horribly long-sighted, then I realised that these were RealD-3D glasses... Cool, my first 3D film.

And what do you know... the nice lady was right, this fim is stunning, and the 3D really adds a lot to the action, swooping flight sequences, incredible explosions, glorious landscapes - 'How to train your Dragon' has the lot. It's even got humour and a love story mixed in for good measure.

Take my advice, point your dragon in the direction of the nearest Cinema, and press 'GO'.

1 comment:

dizi izle said...

thank you