18 May 2006

Gambling pays

I have just made my first foret into online gambling, and to my surprise, it paid off.

The story goes like this, I have a friend who has a phriend who was receiving some excellent information about horse races. He was going to pass this information on to me, and I was going to make a whopping tax-free profit.

Needless to say, it was a scam - and one that was actually up and running!

The good news is that I didn't get stung. I put a deposit into my online betting account, but never actually got around to making a bet (mainly because I am rubbish at reading my e-mails in time).

The net effect of this however was that I had £10 burning a hole in an online gambling account. So, I thought I'd take a random punt on a race. It was not entirely random, I bet on a horse with relatively short odds, but not the favourite (Spring Margot in the 16:45 at Perth).

It romped home leaving me with £28.75!

I've paid myself back the original tenner and now have £18.75 of their money to play with. Do you know, it really does feel like at least four times that amount!

No comments: